Group Rehab vs. Individual Rehab
Attending Rehab After COVID19
When we look to the future and the period ‘after COVID’, it’s clear there will be a lot of changes in our lives – how we do things, what our priorities are, who we do things with, how we work, how we socialise and even how to take holidays. If you are planning to go to a rehab facility after COVID, you may now have additional safety and health concerns. The Lighthouse Bali provides individual one-on-one care. We believe this approach gives you a much higher level of personal attention to your unique program needs and wants, plus it reduces the possibility of you becoming ‘lost in the crowd’. It also means that our existing programs are already well suited to handle the post COVID period. Here’s how we help you to recover from your addiction or alcoholism whilst minimizing the risk of COVID transmission during your stay.
Benefits of Individual Care
- For most people, the thought of living in a dormitory style environment is not an attractive one. Not only is it daunting, but in the post COVID period it’s also an environment in which COVID could potentially spread from person to person with relative ease. Clients of the Lighthouse Bali are accommodated in their own private villa for the duration of their treatment program. This private villa will be your ‘home’ while you are with us, guaranteeing you the space, privacy and comfort needed to focus on yourself and your recovery.
- One on One Care: By providing you with one-on-one care, your program is focused around you and your specific needs. You won’t have to spend time in sessions that are also geared for other people and their issues. Your recovery team of experts have one focus – you and your recovery. This is your time to rediscover yourself and start building a solid foundation for your future. One-on-one care also means that you do not need to have concerns regarding confidentiality or an increased risk of COVID transmission from being in proximity to other clients.
- Our one-on-one approach allows your therapists, counsellors and practitioners to be very thorough in understanding your specific problems and in developing an individualized approach to your treatment. The overall analysis and treatment recommendations by professionals working on a one-on-one basis is much more comprehensive compared to what you would receive in a group rehab setting.
- Your recovery program at your pace: In a one-on-one setting, you will never feel rushed or like there isn’t enough time. Likewise, you will not feel held back by the speed of others’ progress or feel bored while waiting for them.
- The therapeutic alliance, (which refers to the working relationship between a client and a therapist) is strongest in individual therapy. Research investigating the components of effective therapy have consistently pointed out that the therapeutic alliance is a key component of successful therapy.
- Individual therapy allows for the development of self-awareness by discussing issues and getting feedback from the therapist.
- Individual therapy allows for the development of communication skills in individuals who need help with these skills.
- Individual therapy gives you privacy with your therapist so that you can talk freely about all aspects of your life without fear of being judged or feeling embarrassed. Therapy focuses on what’s important to you and this often involves talking about subjects that might be difficult for you to address. At The Lighthouse Bali you can have these discussions with your therapist one-on-one.
Are There Any Positives To Group Therapy?
Yes, absolutely there are, and that’s why we provide you with opportunities to experience the positives of group interaction without any of the treatment drawbacks and without being in a setting where COVID can easily transmit from person to person.
We recommend that all clients attend AA (Alcoholics Anonymous) or NA (Narcotics Anonymous) meetings. This may not sound appealing but we ask that you try at least one meeting. One of the benefits of getting together in one of these group meetings is to meet people who have has the same experience as you. There is a great deal of comfort to be found in understanding that you are not alone. AA and NA meetings in Sanur are currently held in open air settings and also where social distancing is possible. There are also meetings online.
One of the principles on which AA and NA are founded is that it is easier for an alcoholic to talk to another alcoholic and for an addict to talk to another addict. They have been there too, they understand and they don’t judge – and that’s why we only choose support workers who have years of sobriety – they have been through what you are going through now. You might have lost the belief that you can live a sober or substance free life, but our staff are living proof that you can.
As humans we are essentially social creatures and unlike in group rehabs where you are not allowed outside of the premises and will have your devices (phone, tablet and laptop) taken away from you, we do not believe that those practices are conducive to a normal clean and sober life outside of rehab. You will still be able to communicate with friends and family and if you want to do something ‘normal’ like go for a coffee or a walk on the beach, you absolutely can and your support worker will come with you. If you have your own business to run, or have work responsibilities, we will factor these into your schedule so you can continue to carry out the essentials.
If you are planning to attend rehab, or know someone who you think needs help now or after COVID, we encourage you to contact us or email us at: email@example.com for a free consultation and discussion about your needs. Our aim is to provide alcoholics and addicts with the right environment, tools and professional help to embark on a happy and substance-free life.