The Lighthouse Bali is proud to offer the only dedicated trauma programs of their kind in Southeast Asia. Our unique trauma programs support clients to overcome the obstacles that were caused by traumatic events in the past, and provide the tools needed to move forward in a life filled with peace and happiness.
Our intensive trauma programs are specifically designed for clients who have suffered a traumatic event, or series of events, in their lives. Our team of experts works with each client to identify and work through their symptoms in order to prevent the long-term or chronic consequences that are often associated with trauma.
Our program has been designed to support clients in challenging problematic thought patterns, while helping them to make sense of the traumatic event or events that occurred.
The Lighthouse Bali Trauma Program
Unlike weekly therapy sessions, which can take years to show results, our private trauma programs focus on intensive clinical procedures that ensure healing and recovery. Our programs are exclusive to one client at a time, ensuring that high-quality, dedicated commitment is provided in supporting clients to address their trauma and overcome the effect that it is having on their ability to function and enjoy life.
Our trauma programs are specifically designed to support individuals suffering from visible and invisible trauma. Visible trauma is often called “Big T” trauma, and trauma survivors often receive a diagnosis known as PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder). On the other hand, there is a more invisible type of trauma, also referred to as “little t’ trauma. Typically, this invisible (or “little t”) trauma does not lead to direct symptoms of PTSD; however, those suffering with it often develop chronic trauma response symptoms or specific unhelpful thinking patterns, schemas, or coping modes.
Our trauma programs are structured around a holistic and integrative approach tailored to each client’s specific needs. We build your bespoke program around evidence-based trauma treatment modalities: Schema therapy and EMDR therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing). With studies showing that the majority of single-trauma clients no longer have post-traumatic stress disorder after only three sessions of intensive therapy and remarkable results being documented for those with multiple traumatic incidents, we are proud to offer this bespoke treatment program to our clients.
Benefits of our Intensive Trauma Program
- Removing mental obstacles and neurological blocks
- Increased focus, clarity, and calmness
- Increased confidence & improved self-esteem
- Improved communication
- Improved memory
- Improved mood
- Elimination of obsessive thoughts/behaviours
- Reduced/eliminated triggered responses
- Dramatic reduction in anxiety, depression and anger
- Increased motivation and drive
- Improved inspiration and new sense of direction
- Improved relationships and overall quality of life
- Elimination of targeted negative beliefs
- No more revisiting a therapist for the “same” issues
Who is the Trauma Expert?
Dr. Julia A. Andre, B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.
Dr. Andre is an Accredited Clinical Supervisor (BPS) and a Registered Clinical Psychologist (HCPC). Since receiving her clinical training in Germany, Dr. Andre has had a lifelong interest in the human mind and behavior.
Dr. Andre’s work is built on the concept of integrative therapy; focussing on shaping awareness and facilitating an understanding of problematic behavioral patterns and healing trauma which often lead to prolonged suffering and emotional distress. With her therapeutic approach being adaptable to each client’s specific requirements and symptomatology, Dr. Andre provides a bespoke program for each client
Who is The Lighthouse Bali’s Trauma Program for?
The length of time a client needs in The Lighthouse Bali’s Intensive trauma program varies. Therefore, Dr. Andre offers “Single incident trauma Intensives” or “Story-clearing Intensives.” Single Incident-programs focus only on the particular content you decide to address, even if more things are present that need attention in the form of trauma work. A Story-clearing Intensive is a more comprehensive treatment format where you will address and reprocess all trauma incidents, including childhood traumas.
Examples of Single Incident Intensives:
- Recent Events: Natural disaster, public violence, medical trauma, car accident, work-related trauma
- Ongoing Traumatic Stress: First responders processing vicarious trauma, frontline medical workers, racial trauma, divorce & custody battle, current domestic violence, gender, identity & LGBTQ trauma, COVID stress, Cancer
- Stuck Beliefs & Fears that block: Avoidance of exercise, overeating, performance challenges in sports, writing or music, considering a career change or lifestyle change
Examples of Story-Clearing Intensives: Childhood Traumas
- Abuse: emotional, physical, sexual, and neglect
- Attachment wounds
- Death of parents/grandparents, siblings
- Religion or cult trauma
- Significant changes, such as moves and loss of financial stability
Modalities: Clinical, Physical, and Wellness.
The Lighthouse Bali believes in a holistic approach to healing, which incorporates the body, mind and spirit. Balance is the key and, in addition to the hard work of healing trauma, clients enjoy physical activities, self-care sessions, healthy food and activities on the Island of Bali.
As described above, the core module of the Intensive Trauma Program is the work with Dr. Andre. The amount of therapy sessions needed will vary for each client and will be discussed during the initial assessment, prior to the client’s arrival in Bali.
We also offer a comprehensive suite of complementary therapy, physical exercise and wellness options including:
- Personal Training
- Nutritional Assessments
- Kung Fu
- Aqua therapy (Watsu or Water Dance)
- Guided Meditation
- Special Balinese Ceremony or Healing Session (according to your desires)
We aim to combine wellness and physical sessions with clinical approaches to create a well-rounded program. Involving the body as a healing mechanism for releasing tensions and stress, will be instrumental in achieving full emotional and mental health.
- Pre-admission assessment with psychologist
- Pre-admission assessment with medical director
- Visa and VIP Airport service in Bali
- Support Staff, if requested
- Accommodation in a private villa in Sanur
- Transportation – car and driver
- Lunch and dinner prepared by private chef (week days), villa stocked with breakfast foods, beverages and snacks, food out or ordered in on weekends
- Concierge Services
- Weekend activities (choose from our Directory)
Core Program Modules
- Professional Integrative Trauma Therapy: 40 hrs in total (10 hrs a week)
- Therapeutic Massage: 3 hrs per week
Flex Modules (choice of 4 hrs per week)
- Sound Healing
Example of Schedule for one Week
Price based on structure
LUXURY VILLAS IN BALI
CONCERNED ABOUT TRAVELING TO BALI?
We understand it can be a daunting experience to travel to another country and if this is on your mind, reach out to us. We offer complete door to door services where you will be picked up from your home by one oof our friendly and professional team, who will fly with you to Bali and assist you with anything you need along the way.