Trauma affects people in different ways and at the Lighthouse Bali we are able to develop programs to suit each individual’s exact circumstances. Our experienced team have helped people suffering from severe PTSD, childhood trauma, trauma following a death or loss of a loved one, trauma from witnessing or being involved in a tragedy, long term trauma and innumerable other causes of trauma.
We specialize in a one-on-one individual program as opposed to using forms of group therapy. We understand that trauma is highly personal and we aim to treat individuals with complete discretion. You will stay in your own private fully serviced villa near the beach, with a pool and wifi. During your customized retreat program, your private psychologist and wellness practitioners will come to your villa.
We provide a trauma treatment program that is specifically tailored for you, around your experiences, your state of mind and what you hope to accomplish during your stay, rather than a one size fits all approach. Whether you already have a diagnosis of PTSD or are someone who has not yet sought help for what you are experiencing, your retreat will be designed to meet your needs. This is the most significant benefit of our individual retreat program – we can be flexible in creating the ideal services for you.
We will work with you to design a schedule prior to your arrival and once in Bali, if there are modules or services which you would like to do more of (or less of), we can adapt to what is working best.
Our trauma program takes a ‘retreat’ style approach. We can design a calming and restorative experience, one that focuses on more intensive counselling and trauma specific modules, or a mixture of both. It is your program and we are happy to provide a program that fits with your needs and wants.
If you are, or have, already sought assistance at home, we are also happy to work with your current psychologist or therapist to gain a deeper understanding of your issues prior to arrival, if that is something you request.
Dual Treatment Programs
For those who are also seeking treatment for addiction or alcoholism, the Trauma Retreat Program can be added to either our Primary Inpatient Program or Outpatient Programs. If you are seeking a dual program of recovery, your trauma program and recovery program will run consecutively not concurrently.
For example, a 28 day Primary Inpatient Recovery Program plus 14 day Trauma Retreat Program = 42 days.
Trauma Modalities: Clinical, Wellness & Experiential
Different people respond to different modalities in different ways and at the Lighthouse Bali we are able to deliver a wide range of modalities, to ensure that we find what works best for you. Our clinical options are conducted by a variety of clinical psychologists, and include:
- Comprehensive Individual Therapy
- Couples Counseling
- Addiction Therapy (Sex, Food, Substance, Alcohol, Tech, etc…)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programing)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Mindfulness Based Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Schema Therapy
We also offer a comprehensive suite of complementary therapy and wellness options including:
- Personal Training
- Nutritional Assessments
In addition to wellness and traditional clinical psychology, we also offer experiential therapies including:
- TRE (trauma/tension release exercises)
- Focusing Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Music therapy
- Creative writing
- Life Coaching
- Dance and movement therapy
Many experiential therapies are particularly effective in helping individuals to address and process underlying issues and traumas which they have difficulty expressing vocally.
We aim to combine wellness and experiential therapies with clinical approaches to create a well-rounded programme. Involving the body as a healing mechanism for releasing tensions and stress, can be instrumental in achieving full emotional and mental health.
We also encourage everyone who joins us for a retreat to factor in some time for pleasure and enjoyment here in Bali. Bali’s abundant natural beauty is an incredible tonic in its own right. From gentle walks through rice fields or trekking volcanic peaks through to catching Bali’s famous surf breaks or snorkelling vibrant coral reefs. There are almost limitless opportunities for discovering what the Indonesians call ‘The Island of the Gods’.
Below is a sample schedule for a Trauma program here at The Lighthouse Bali:
Trauma Retreat Program Pricing
- 14 Day Trauma Retreat Program Starting from US $7,500
- 28 Day Trauma Retreat Program Starting from US $14,000
14 Day Trauma Retreat Program Inclusions:
1. Accommodation and Transport
– Clinical Assessment Prior to Arrival
– 14 nights accommodation
– Transportation in Bali
– Villa Concierge / Team Member access
– Breakfasts: stocked villa kitchen with your choice of breakfast items
– Lunch & Dinners: Prepared by our inhouse chef Monday – Friday and delivered to your villa
– Snacks: Your villa will be stocked with a selection of snacks, fruits and beverages of your choosing and will be restocked as required.
3. Treatment Components
– Professional PTSD / Trauma Counselling by a Clinical Psychologist and TRE specialist. (7.5 hours per week)
– Mindfulness, Relaxation and Wellness. Choose from options including: Yoga, Breathwork, Reiki, Meditation etc. (5 hours per week)
– Physical Activities. Choose from surfing, snorkelling, personal training, trekking etc. (10 hours per week)
– Life Coaching, Nutritional Counseling, Music or Art therapy or other personal choices, subject to availability. (6 hours per week comprised from 4 sessions of 90 minutes each).
– Physiology and Therapeutic Wellness Sessions. Choose from a range of therapeutic massages to promote physical and mental wellbeing. (2 hours per week).
4. Other Activities
– Outreach activities in the local community. (1 outreach activity each week)
– Weekend Activities. Choose from ATV riding, shopping, temple visits, snorkelling, trekking, white water rafting, surfing lessons, cooking classes, painting, ceramics classes, the choice is yours! (1 activity per weekend is included in your program).
Additional / Optional Extra Services
The following services can be arranged upon request and added to your program either before your arrival or when you are here in Bali.
Please note that these are in addition to what is included and surcharges apply. Additional charges must be settled prior to the services being taken.
– Additional private counselling sessions
– Additional private wellness sessions
– Personal training
– Additional massages or other spa treatments at spas