Alcohol and Drug Use Self-Assessment
To help you decide whether you might have a problem with your drinking or drug use, we’ve prepared these 16 questions.
Please answer these questions as honestly as possible:
- Have you ever decided to stop drinking or doing drugs for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?
- Have you made promises to yourself and loved ones about quitting and found you just couldn’t keep them?
- Do you wish people would mind their own business about your drinking or drugging and stop telling you what to do?
- Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another, hoping that this would keep you from getting drunk?
- Have you had to drink or drug in the morning just to steady your nerves or “straighten yourself out?”
- Do you envy people who can drink or take drugs without getting into serious trouble?
- Have you had problems connected with drinking or taking drugs during the past year?
- Has your drinking or drugging caused trouble at home?
- Does your drinking or using cause you to be careless concerning the welfare of your family, friends or yourself?
- Do you ever try to get “extra” drinks or drugs at a party because you know there won’t be enough?
- Do you tell yourself you can stop drinking or drugging any time you want to, even though you keep drinking or using when you don’t mean to?
- Have you missed days of work or school because of drinking and/or drugging?
- Have your finances suffered as a result of your drinking and/or using?
- Do you have periods of memory loss, or “blackouts”?
- Have you felt guilty or remorseful after drinking or drugging?
- Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not drink or use?
If you can answer yes to any one of these questions, it’s time you took a serious look at what your drinking or drug use might be doing to you.
Source: Based on The Twenty Questions: Are You An Alcoholic?
Mobile: +62 858 5731 3512 (English)
Mobile: +62 878 611 88886 (Bahasa Indonesia)
Mobile: +61 474 049 905 (Australia)
Mobile: +1 818 388 2339 (USA)